kat's korner

Monday, January 8

2007: the year of the book.

First day of school, and all is well.

unfortunately I have gone on a buying spree.

I had a big borders gift card so i used it amazon (what a deal) and I bought a lot of books to read on Marta. My goal is to finish all of them before the end of the summer semester.

The list includes:
1. The Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
2. Madame Bovary
3. The Hotel New Hampshire
4. Anna Karenina
5. The End of the Story: A Novel
6. Almost No Memory: Stories

Here's a fun game. well no, but you know matching is cool right.

Match the author with the titles:
a. John Irving
b. Lydia Davis
c. Gustave Flaubert
d. Lydia Davis
e. E.L. Konigsburg
f. Leo Tolstoy

So today I had my french class and Geology: Weather and Climate. Both were hilarious. My french teacher is from the Riviera and is a ridiculous half funny, half huge asshole. quintessentially french.

my geology professor is from the west side of Bangladesh and insists that he's nothing like any other Indians we may know. he's really laid back though and said that he might not teach us much because our class is in the afternoon and he might be tired.

hopefully tomorrow will go as well as today.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    watch out for hotel new hampshire - the beginning is all "oh boy john irving you are setting up something I really want to read!" but the end is all "wow, that's what you did with that? ok." But the bear stuff at the beginning is GOLD!

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger Becky said…

    apparently my aunt julie knows about my blog and "is a fan." What am I going to do now?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1