kat's korner

Tuesday, June 12

I've made a huge (career) mistake

hahahaha oops I got the job. He called me tonight and he was like you got the job! And I was all great, I'm an awesome embellisher. And I was on a high until I realized that I actually have to do the job. The editor was all yeah we're going to need a new masthead for the newspaper and the magazine by July 4th. So after I googled masthead I'm pretty sure I can do it. You can't fire me, I quit!

so classes started this week. french was bien because like half of the class is from west georgia and the teacher is from senegal and sounds just like the lobster from the little mermaid.

new testament is a whole different ballgame. Let me preface this by saying that I did not want to sign up for this class, it was forced on me by bad luck and the honor's department. Anyway I went to class today and 3/4 of the class is obnoxious grad students who are writing their thesis on the new testament. It's awesome. We spent an hour breaking down 11 verses from Mark.

And there's this butterball who honestly when I first saw it I had no idea if it was a man or a woman. It turns out it was a cindy. Cindy is like an ugly version of onion writer, Jean Teasdale. She spit her words out in this nasally whine and I swear to God she talked more than the professor. Please find below an account of the highlight of my class.

Cindy
"I took 3 years of Latin in high school"
Me (in my head really loud, or out loud really softly-- I have no recollection)
"Shocker"
Cindy
"And we studied the gods, apollo and nike and blah blah blah and then my fellow classmate said the son of god, and I said the son of which god? hahahaha aaaahhhhh hahahaha. You see I had such a different perspective"
Me (head hits desk)

fin.

So yeah I love school.

My life has kind of gotten flipped upside down in the last week and I have to say I'm pretty confused, but at least it's exciting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1