kat's korner

Wednesday, June 6

what color is my parachute?

the other day I was perusing the new facebook marketplace section and there was this ad for a GSU newspaper production manager. And so I was all yeah i can do that. Honestly, the GSU newspaper is horrible. It's seriously worse than those newspapers you printed in middle schools on that paper that you had to take the strips of holes off the sides of.

So anyway somehow this hubris has escalated to going in to interview for which I have no qualifications for. OOPS. So I figure since the pressure is off I'll just go in there and be my normal asshole self, which strangely enuogh is how I usually get jobs. That fuck you I don't need this job really appeals to bosses.

I was planning going in and talking about how the newspaper needs a total rehaul and how awful it is, but thankfully I went and did a little facebook research. The editor, who I had imagined from numerous book and movie portrayals as a marxist, alcoholic, scruffy haired, is in fact a "black, american (not african american), college republican." So here come the Laura Bush earrings-- out goes the O'Bama t-shirt. And the guy was an assistant editor last year so he probably really likes the newspaper.

so oh well I needed to go downtown anyway to return some books to the library so it wont be a totally fruitless journey. And I have to admit I really enjoy interviews. It's the same kind of sadistic joy I get from speaking in public. Quick three words to describe yourself.

lazy, lazier, dependable!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you sadistically enjoy public speaking? that is awesome, I wish I did. I need to become more of an asshole I guess. The best I can usually do is passive aggressive. yep. we need to hang out again right? I guess i will call you to find out what the deal is yo. haha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1