kat's korner

Friday, January 28

are you some kind of prostitute?!?

I came home for the weekend so I could go to this party Callie was throwing for Shane tomorrow night but now its fucking sleeting, which really pisses me off because it probably means ill be stuck in this house all weekend.

Don't get me wrong-- well you can if you prefer- it just sucks because obviously I don't want to be in Athens like ever. But I really don't want to be here at home either, there's just something really oppressive about home. And I don't think its really home, I guess its just the idea of home and me not living here anymore and how I should like college, and shouldn't want to come home. I don't really want to come home, I just don't want to go anywhere but I want to get away from everywhere? That doesn't make sense. So my point is: I want to go somewhere new and meet new people and like it there and not have to worry about here.

Perhaps the aforementioned brothel (on becky's blog) would work. Jeffrey (from the baby's room) asked me the last time I worked if I had ever considered being a prostitute.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    I prefer not to get you wrong...so here's what I'll say:
    I'll say this:
    I'm gonna say that sleet and ice make me think of that movie The Ice Storm, and then I think about a few times in my immediate past when I was trapped inside because of ice at home - it is always horrifyingly boring because the power always goes off but then I myself remember The Ice Storm and I imagine that I live in some cool 70s era world and have to take trains and have creepy, youthful sexcapades with Little Man Tate. So that keeps me occupied for a while.

    And for what it's worth, I think you'll find a new place with new people, and I think you'll love it. Of course, I have no idea where that place is, or else I would have told you to get the hell over there a long time ago. But I'm positive you'll get there. I know you will.

    FURTHERMORE...you have to download "Say Something New" by the Concretes immediately. Or maybe just buy their eponymous cd. Just do it. Have you heard of them? I like them and it has taken minimal time to fall in love with the album...which is a good sign

    remember: If 'wishes' and 'buts' were clusters of nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1