kat's korner

Saturday, January 22

very much vodka and too much tequilla those are the ways in which I learned to deal

here i am to spread the gospel of the fiery furnaces. If you don't know them by name you need to. Just ask, I'll send you a burned copy of their music. PLEASE ASK.

Anyway so to my luck I heart Huckabees is playing at the dollar theater. I went last night, but I don't think I will ever go to the dollar movie again on Friday night because its really creepy. I mean I go to the dollar movie because I have nothing else to do. But I guess the people who go on Friday night--- that's their intention. They have people to be around they have other things to do. But they plan to go to the dollar movie? Its just different and makes me sad. And people sit way too close to you. The theaters aren't huge but there is enough room for the meager crowds that I heart huckabees attracts on a Friday night and this old woman and her friend who looked like they would be better suited to stay home and watch YAYAS on TBS sit right in front of me, so I move down. Only to have this woman who barely fit in the seat and her beau cap me in the row. But it was ok because I was going to see this movie I already loved. Halfway during the movie the large woman who was only sitting one seat over from me takes off her shoe and puts her foot up on the seat next to me. I mean it was so gross, I thought she was kidding. Then as if I couldn't be in anymore mental turmoil she starts tapping her foot. It was all i do not to scream, so I started squeezing my water bottle to hopefully make as much noise as she was by tapping her stupid foot on the sticky floors. I was making all of those crushing plastic sounds, and then the stupid yaya sisterhood woman sitting in front of us looks back at me. And I gave her this look like I know this woman sitting next to me is disgusting, lets ban together and throw her out-- until I realized that my crushing bottle was her problem. Oh well I stopped when fatso stopped tapping her foot. Anyway love the movie as much as ever, we are all the same.

Speaking of fatsos I began the Special K diet this morning, and within 2 weeks I will lose 6 lbs or less!!! haha. but seriously who would know the difference? I haven't weighed myself in like 3 years.

I'm wearing this black and white striped shirt I bought and its kind of making me sick because the stripes seem to buzz when I look at them out of the corner of my eye.

to sum up this entry into my very favorite blog-- if you haven't seen I HEART Huckabees please do if you haven't heard the Fiery Furnaces then download it or request a burned copy, and if you are a large woman in the athens area keep your shoes on.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Sarah Tullis said…

    I love the Fiery Furnaces! I heart them, in fact. I also very much enjoy your away messages that end in "i heart huckabees." I will take your advice. Thanks, Katherine, for making my day more enjoyable.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1