kat's korner

Thursday, January 20

i can't turn off the tv

The only bread I have was crushed in a tragic dwarer closing accident, but I eat it anyway because its going to go bad tomorrow. The man without a face is so creepy. I hung up my elton john postcards in the closet/vanity part of my room which is right when you walk in. I wanted to fill up the blank space, but when people come in they stare at elton and then look at me, and then look back at him and then grimace, and then give that knowing smile back at me. And then I'm like if loving Elton john is a crime, then send me to prison. seriously though white walls are disgusting.
L O V E I S A B A T T L E F I E L D

Jackson Pollock killed himself(?), well died anyway, on my birthday.

We're studying Abstract Expressionism in my art history class and today the teacher was discussing the technique of free writing or painting. So anyway its basically just like stream of consciousness except with painting its different. I mean when I sit down at something I usually have an idea, I mean even at first if your writing in stream of consciousness you start with something. But the point of the artists was to not have any notion at all. Because if you copied the notion out of your head than it isn't original, its already been done, even if your the only one who knows that you weren't being original. But then this leads into the problem of their being nothing original of there being no individuals, which came in with the nihilists. Anyway it was just interesting and so you know I wrote it down.

something dark by mendoza line-- download it for a good time.


 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1