kat's korner

Friday, September 23

FAT AS A COW

No not me, I mean not literally. did my title strike a little too close to home?

I don't know anyone fat as a cow. Is that a common expression? Do I act like english is not my native tongue?

Suddenly all at once, I can feel myself getting very lazy and very stupid. More of the latter. I was just reading on Jenna's blog about finishing a paper. I can't even imagine the last time I wrote a paper. A research paper? That was definantly senior year. I compared a Philip Larkin Poem to some guy with mutton chops.

Who was that? Geez. Can't you see my mind slipping away? Oh god it was the really famous poem about the tide rolling in and out matthew arnold Dover Beach!

I love Philip Larkin. There I said it. I can't take it back now, it's in print.

I think I'll join a gym tomorrow on the way home from work. Why not right?

Today I went shopping at Value City and bought alot of American Eagle clothes for not alot of money. So that was pleasant. purple corduroy pants ok why not?

I don't think you are supposed to buy something if your answer is why not? but it didn't stop me. I painted my nails a form of purple too. Geez I might be turning into Cristy Yarbrough.

The Fiery Furnaces concert was amazing. Athens was not. But you can't be something you aren't. The morning of the concert while shampooing my long locks I was thinking to myself, "Why don't you just go back?" "It would be so easy and what 2 more years give or take a semester?"

Driving downtown answered my small problem. These fratastic assholes tried to walk into my car. I invited them under the tires.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger kitty tango said…

    The last three lines of this post left me with endless, unexplained joy.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger cal cal said…

    This could be the funniest post ever. I almost want to post it on my blog.

    pure genius.

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger cal cal said…

    the cristy yarbarough reference was really appreciated on this end.

    that and the image of fraternity boys with pink polos being dragged under your tires.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey um this is going to sound really odd...but i need your home address i have something i want to send to you.
    this sounds super creepy...but i think you will really enjoy what i want to mail you.
    Kate

    you could email it to me katedonnellan@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1