kat's korner

Sunday, March 6

My reading weekend ughhh

friday night I stayed in to read the Stranger. umm yeah it was good, obviously, and I recommend it if you have a couple of hours free.

Saturday- Target shopping, bought yet another issac mizrahi skirt and a bathing suit, which I thought was kind of funny because I haven't been swimming in a few years, but whatever. Say something new. then went to the science library because they had I AM Charlotte Simmons you know the new Tom Wolfe book in their leisure section.

So I've been reading it ever since. It's kind of strange because I mean I read some of the reviews and I agree with them thus far. Charlotte is this girl from "the other side of the mountain" (sparta, nc), who was you know the valedvictorian and read alot and really hated and resented everyone around her including her family except for the english teacher who gave her hope beyond the mountain. So essentially blah blah boring, except Charlotte is completely bland and retarded.

Here's a quote, "Then wear all black," said Mimi.
"I don't know..." said Charlotte. "I was looking at a magazine, and that's what they wear in New York. I'm not from New York."

She's just completely dull and I totally hate her. I want her to fail. She speaks like an old man who wears white suits except she has the most popular guys from the school falling all over themselves trying to get her in the sack, which of course she ignores because of the supreme virtue of Charlotte Simmons and her backwards mountain upbringing. Also the school is completely unrealistic. It is made up but it is supposed to be in standing with Harvard and Princeton but everyone acts like they're at UGA. These people couldn't possibly be this stupid and have gotten in to a school in that standing. It seems obvious enough that a 60 year old man shouldn't write a book about people who are still in their teens, but i guess Tom Wolfe just wanted to party.

BUT IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE I looked up my math test grade and i got a 98! I was so excited. I guess it does pay to study. motherfucker whatever. So now i don't have to drop math and perhaps I can make an A or a B whatever as long as I don't get a C i don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1