kat's korner

Thursday, April 28

say aloha to cafeteria style dining

tonight's dinner theme was Hawaiin at shrine of shrines Bolton's Dining Commons. It in no way compared to the indescribable feast that was Nascar night, but who would want to follow that one?

Anyway when I was entering the trough like environment through the turnstyle I was offered a ley. I politely refused citing the fact that I didn't want to look like an asshole (to myself). The cafeteria worker smiled and held it out to me. "No, really no thanks." I insisted. "why wont you take a ley? (hurt look in eyes)" Then another worker also donning a Polynesian shirt and flipflops, (which I felt was unsanitary) "she's not taking a ley." And I left.

I felt like I was in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, next week they wont serve me breakfast, and I'll call it a show.

The bannana pudding made it worthwhile.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Becky said…

    That's totally a Larry David episode plot.

    "Why won't you just take the lei?...Dave, this girl won't take the lei!...I don't know-she just- she won't let me give her the lei!"

    haha fuck hawaiian culture and everything that goes along with it! Down with Cafeteria Style Dining!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1