kat's korner

Sunday, April 3

this one goes out to maude

Maude, for those who don't know, is my dear 1998 Camry.

You might scoff at her goldish gray mass rolling down the road besmirched with scratches, dents and taped together with bumper stickers that praise every cause from belle & sebastian to cheese. Alas I am forever tied to Maude because sometimes she is a bitch, but she always gets me where I want to go.

I remember the time Cait and I came out of Big Lots only to find the alarm system squealing, eventually reasoning that her battery had died.

Or what about that time when that soccer mom ran into the back of you, geez. Well at least we got a new bumper. huh, Maude right?

Remember the day I got you from that Georgia Tech student who only drove you around Marietta? I know it was gross. That bright Spring day, Good Friday it was. The next morning we went to Circuit City and got a new Cd player put in. The first cd played Cher's Half Breed.

Look, Maude, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you have to drive around the same rolling hills of Athens and 316 all the time, that I give you regular gas instead of high test I'm sorry. But you know I did clean you out today didn't I? And I will get that new bumper replaced eventually. So let's keep on keepin' on Maude. Let's keep on keepin' on.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger amanda said…

    i so thought that Maude had been totaled or something. but now that i know she is still chuggin and newly cleaned.... big sigh of relief.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Click here to get any of my CDs for $1